Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Dog And The Donkey Story in English

Donkey


Once there lived a washerman in a certain village. He had a donkey for carrying heavy loads of clothes on its back. He had also a dog to keep the watch at night. The donkey was well fed, but the dog was almost neglected. At last the dog decided to sleep over his duties.
            A thief broke into the house one night. The dog saw him but kept quiet. “Why does not you bark?” said the donkey. “Do not you see the thief?” “Yes, I do”, replied the dog. “But why should I do my duty, when my master does not give me anything to eat?” The donkey, therefore, decided to awaken the washer man. He began to bray as loudly as he could. The master got up, no doubt. But he was full of bitter anger. He came down with a long stick in his hand and gave the donkey a merciless beating.


Post a Comment

0 Comments