Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Visit To Historical Place Paragraph


I WAS FEELING very lonely yesterday. I went, n my bicycle, to the Tomb of Jahangir. It is an old historical building of Lahore, and is visited by hundreds of Lahore, and is visited by hundreds of people day. I entered through the main gate and saw large, well-kept grassy plots in front of me. Two parallel foot paths ran from north to south; and two, from east to west. Between these feet paths, ran a small canal about one foot deep and six feet broad. In it stood fountains that were playing very gloriously. At the junction of these canals, was a big tank in its middle. There were beautiful flower-beds and rows of Cyprus trees, on either side of the canals. In the middle of the garden stood a majestic marble building, over the grave of the great Moghal Emperor Jahangir. It had beautiful flowers and verse from the Holy Quran carved on all sides. This building had four minarets, one at each corner. I went up one of these and saw only three minarets of the Badshahi Mosque. I came down after a few minutes and returned home, wondering at the great skill of the Moghal engineers. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments