Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The clever Farmer And The King Story In English

The best cover King

The story: An old farmer was once planting mango trees in his garden. A king and his courtiers happened to pass that way. “Why are you planting this tress,” said the king, “When you know that you cannot live to eat their, fruit?” “Your Majesty!” said the farmer, “My ancestors planted trees, and I am their fruit. Now I am planting these trees in my old age. I may not live long enough to eat their fruit, but my children and grand-children well.

            The king was greatly pleased to hear this reply. And he asked his minister to give him a hundred rupees as a reward for his labour. The old famer was greatly pleased to receive the sum and said, “You majesty! I am very proud to get the fruit of my trees, as soon as I planted them.” The king was pleased all the more to hear these words. And he ordered his minister to give the farmer hundred rupees more as a reward for his clever reply. He was indeed very lucky to receive two rewards from the king within a few minutes only.

Post a Comment

2 Comments