Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Autobiography Of A Rupee Essay English


I AM A RUPEE. I am only three years’ old. But I look very soiled and greasy. However, when I left the mint near Lahore, I was very bright and beautiful. I was packed in a strong wooden box, with thousands of my brethren, and was sent to the state Bank of Pakistan, Lahore. I was very proud of the star and the crescent on my face: and the words Hakoomat-i-Pakistan, on my back. I was given to a young man who had come to the back. I was given to a young man who had come to the bank to get change for a ten-rupee note. He looked at me very carefully for several seconds and, then, he put me into his pocket. One reaching home, he gave me to his younger brother for learning surah Yasin by heart. He took me to the bazaar and gave me to confectioner, in return for some sweets. I remained in his safe for a few minutes. And, then, I went from man to man and shop to shop, every day of my life. I knew no rest, till I fell into the hands of a beggar. He put me into an earthen pot and buried me under a tree. That is perhaps, my grave and I have been living here since long, in the company of over a thousand others of my kind. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments