Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Autobiography Of A Grain Of Wheat


I AM A SINGLE grain of wheat my colour is yellow. Once I lay in a large heap in a farmer’s house. I remained there behind a locked door all the hot months of the summer season. But, a few days after the October rains, he took us to his fields in a few sacks. He scattered us all around, and covered us with earth. After a day or two I seemed to wake up from my long sleep. I felt a current of energy run through my body. I began to move and to struggle out of the earth. I saw many of my companions peeping out in the same way. We gained in strength and size, as the days passed by. The sun, the air and the damp soil served us all for food. Our blades were all green, and the same was the case with our ears. Before long they turned into golden brown. And they rustled with the blowing of the wind. One fine morning, the farmer reaped the harvest. We were, then, all spread out in a heap and were thrashed in a novel way, and our chaff was removed. After that we were filled into many sacks. Some of us were ground into flour, others were again kept aside for being sown in October next.  

Post a Comment

0 Comments