Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Passive verb|Passive voice|Active voice|English Page

 What are passive voice and active voice 

Passive verb


Passive voice


A song is sung by him.

Akhtar was killed by Azam.


Cricket will be played by them.

As a letter being written by you?

A canal was being dug by the laboriousness.


Has this job been finished by you?

Will your luggage have been pocked before the train’s arrival?

Let him be helped.



    Active Voice

He sings a song.

Azam killed Akhtar.

They’ll play cricket.


Are you writing a letter?

Laboures were digging a canal.


Have you finished this job?

Will you have packed your luggage before train’s arrival?

Help him.



English Page

 

        (Passive Voice)


The taj was built at an enormous cost.

Maize is sown in the rainy season.


You will be punished for your negligence.

He was accused of theft.


All the papers will have been marked.

Have you been cheated/duped?

Has he been informed?

He was killed fighting the

Chinese aggressors.


Allama Iqbal was born in Sialkot.

The Nauchandi fair is held every year at Gujarat.

Many dailies are published from Karachi.


He will be pleased/happy to see you.

I was surprised to see the fury of the floods.

ISLAM is the religion of peace.


Let this work be done (by you)

Let him be asked to sit down.

Let him be punished (by you)

Let the post be advertised.


You are requested not to smoke.

Indiscipline shouldn’t be encouraged

 


       Assertive

Nobody/ No one can bear such an insult.

Who can bear such an insult?

Health is more precious than wealth.

They enjoyed at the party.

We’ll never forget these good days.



           Interrogative


Can anybody/anyone bear such an insult?

Is not health more precious than wealth?

Did they not enjoy at the party?

Will we ever forget these good days?

 


            Affirmative

It was a beautiful scene/ lovely sight.

I wish I was a minister.

It is a bitterly/terrible cold night.

We live/lead a very hard life.

 


        (Exclamatory)

What a beautiful scene/lovely sight it was!

Oh, I was a minister!

What a cold night it is!

What a hard life we live/lead!

 


     (Interrogative)

Will you please open the door?

Will you have a cup of milk?

Will you please keep quiet?

Will you please stop the work?



        (Imperative)

Please open the door.

Please have cup of milk.

Please keep quiet.

Stop the work.


      (Comparative)


Jamal is not taller than Kamran.

Karachi is bigger than most other cities in Pakistan our country.

Bholu was stronger than any other man.


        (Positive)


Jamal is as tall as Kamran.

Very few cities in Pakistan/our country are as big as Karachi.

No other man was as strong as Bholu.


       (Superlative)


Vikas is the best boy in the class.

Manghopir was one of the most popular/famous saints in Pakistan.

Pakistan is one of the greatest countries.


       (Positive)


No other boy in the class is as good as Vikas.

Very few Pakistani Saints were as popular/famous as Manghopir.

Very few countries are as great as Pakistan.


     (Affirmative)


Man is mortal.

Abida is more intelligent than Sonia.

Where there is hard work there is gain.

She always pays attention to her daily/routine work.

Scarcely had I reached the station when the train left.

As soon as I entered the room, the thief ran away.



         (Negative)


No man is immortal.

Sonia is not as intelligent as Abida.

There is no gain without hard work.

She never neglects her daily/routine work.

No sooner had I reached the station than the train left.

No sooner did I enter the room than the thief ran away.

 


        (Counting words)


There are some/a few students in the class.

Is there any girl in the hall?

There is no boy in the playground.

None of these girl s was present there.

Some of us played cricket.

Did dany of you play football?

None of us played any game.

Many of the boys hadn’t come to school yesterday.

I don’t have many books.

There are a few mangoes in the basket.

Hardly any girl would like him.

This book has fewer pages than that book.

That book has more pages than this book.

Many a man has suffered at his hands.

Neither man has come.

He gets a small salary.

 


     (Words Expressing Quantity)


Isn’t there any milk in the bottle?

Get me some water please.

Let me have some water.

There is hardly any milk in the bottle.

How much milk is there in the glass?

I take much of the milk in the morning.

Your glass has less milk than mine.

Shall I give you some more milk?

There was too much water in the river.

Is it exactly half of that?

 


    (The Emphasis)


Do come tomorrow-

Don’t forget. / You must come tomorrow.

Both Salma and her brother came dropped in to see me.

Are you glad to know this news?

Are you happy/pleased with this news?

Indeed/ of course I am happy.

You don’t study hard do you?

Of course, I do.

Please keep quiet. / Please be quiet.

Do write to your father.

Will you give/let me have whatever I want?

Wherever I go, my dog follows/remains with me.

They’ll give you whichever book you want.

I’ll solve the question, however/howsoever difficult it may be.

I’ll never let him enter my house.

 


   (Miscellaneous Uses)


Who is that/he/she?

It’s my friend.

It was not the correct answer.

This is you book. That is mine.

She likes/is fond of history.

She says, it’s interesting

Who is there?

It’s me.

Is it me you want?

Was it not I, who helped you?

Is it me you are calling?

It was the happiest day of her life.

It doesn’t make any difference.

It doesn’t matter to me.

It’s four o’clock.

It’s not my turn.

It’s not noon yet.

It’s too dark outside.

It’s raining hard/heavy.

It’s too cold.

It was easier to catch them by hand.

 


          (B)


Will you please give me either a pen or a pencil?

Both answers are correct.

She is neither a teacher nor a student.

None of the tow prisoners is guilty.

There are many/a number of students in the class.

There are ten mangoes in the basket.

The basket contains ten mangoes.

There were two books on the table.

Both Safia and Mhevish should work hard.

Neither Jamil nor Qamar was there.

My shirt is white. Your shirt I while too.

My coat is not black.

Your coat is not black either.

 


         ©

The scenery here is nice / beautiful/ lovely.

We provided the blind with foods.

We have food to the blind.

I have finished with two-thirds of this book.

The magistrate ordered for his arrest.

When I go to Lahore, I’ll see him.

I have had my food, meals.

I’m at the High School.

The Ravi is a river.

Did you get monthly allowance of a hundred rupees.

I am forty-five.

I have a headache.

I am certain/sure that he is right/ in the right.

I live in Karachi.

Will you please/kindly untie undo this knot?

We could do nothing but make noise.

Please, open page ten of this book.

What can be done now?

What’s to be done now?

Both my hands have been injured.

 I have given up painting.

 


    (Countable & Uncountable)


All the books on this table are blue.

Everyone in the crowd was stunned.

Each of them has his own car.

I bought four pencils at fifteen paise each.

Ishrat and Nusrat are fond of each other.

Kamal visits his mother every other week.

Either of these two keys will fit the lock.

Give me something to eat.

Take out if you have anything in your pocket.

Don’t worry, I don’t have anything.

I’ve lost many a thing.

Has someone come?

Yes, somebody is waiting for you.

There was commotion/ uproar in every house.

Had anybody/ No one came here?

Everything in this house is at your disposal.

You can use anything in this house.

Everybody/everyone is ready.

Everyone in my house is ill.

They were in the garden all the time.

They spent all the time in the garden.

We went all around the garden.

They travelled all over the country.

All this while I waited for her.

It rains all round the year here.

There were shrubs all along the wall.

Bad habits should be nipped in the bud.

Jamal existence is from hand to mouth.

The dacoits are still at large.

The rainy season is in full swing these days.

The murderer was caught red handed.

I got wind of this matter.

His days are numbered.

Building castles in the air won’t help.

He had a narrow escape in the lorry accident.

We should not lose our limper over trifles.

He has seen many ups and downs in his life.

I can work for twelve hours at a stretch.

He is progressing by leaps and bounds

Dr. Shamim Khan has left Pakistan for Ever.

Truth triumphs in the long run.

Of course he is a truthful man.

At the most I can lend you ten rupees.

By end by you will make up your deficiency.

He comes to see me again and again/off and on.

The police was firing blindly.

 

 

 

 

 


Post a Comment

0 Comments