Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ESL discussion questions|English topics for beginners|Instruction|order law

 English Language practice  Encouragement, Consolation 

ESL discussion questions




ESL discussion questions


Instruction / Order (1)


Attend to your work.

See him off at the station.

Speak the truth, don’t’ lie.

Try this coat on.

Workwhole-heartedly.

Keep away from drinking.

Fetch me a glass of fresh water.

Talk politely. / be polite.

Reply by return post.

Check the accounts.

Sip the hot tea slowly.

Get a Tonga from the Tonga-stand.

Parking is not allowed here.

Squeeze two oranges.

Keep to the left.

Wake me up early in the morning.

Mend yourways.

Draw the curtain.

Take him round the city.

Usher / bring the guest in.

Be polite to all. /

Speak politely with everybody.

Remind me of it at the proper time.

Keep pace with me.

Put the child to sleep / bed.

Remind me about it tomorrow.

Keep everything ready.

Walk cautiously.

Come afterwards.

Wake cautiously.

Come afterwards.

Wake me up at 5 o’clock.

Get ready if you want to come along.

Wait here till I’m back.

Don’t say like that.

Be careful about your work.

Do your own work.

You may go now.

I have some work to do.

Note this down.

Come back soon.

Come and see me again.

Please mind your own business.

Have patience.

Respect your elders.

You stay there.

Hope for good times.

Take care of the baby.

 

English topics for beginners


Instruction / Order (2)

Go yourself.

Be ready.

Light the lamp.

Switch on the light.

Put off the lamp.

Switch off the light.

Switch on the fan.

Send for him.

Let these people do their work.

Wash your hands.

Come soon.

Stop the car.

Go back.

Don’t delay. / Don’t be late.

Don’t write with a pencil.

Write with a pen.

Don’t copy others.

Hire a taxi.

Button up your coat.

Keep the fire on.

Feed the horse with grass.

Go, and blow your nose.

Don’t fail to inform me.

Lace your shoes tightly.

Don’t study at the cost of your health.

Write a detailed letter. /

Write a long letter.

Don’t do so in future. / let this not happen in future.

Post this letter yourself.

Be punctual.

Don’t beat about the bush.

Don’t pluck the flowers.

Give up bad habits.

Chew you food well.

Brush your teeth.

Don’t chatter. / Don’t talk nonsense.

Arrange / keep everything in order.

Write in ink.

Don’t be silly.

Attend to the guests.

Mind your own business.

Hold with both hands.

Sacrifice your life for the Mother land / country.

Don’t hold up the work.

Be careful against bad habits.

Don’t go near that tree.

Do read this interesting story.

 

Instruction|order law


Encouragement.


Rest assured.

Stop worrying.

It’s not manly to cry like children.

What’s bothering you?

There is nothing to fear.

Don’t worry about me.

Don’t be scared.

Don’t hesitate.

There is no need to worry.

I’m not bothered about it.

You can ask me if there is any difficulty.

Take whatever you need.

You are unnecessarily worried / worrying.

I’m proud of you.

Don’t proud of you.

Don’t hesitate.

I doesn’t matter.

Don’t feel nervous.

Don’t worry.

 



Consolation


It’s a pity. / It’s very sad.

Console him.

That’s the way things are.

Who can fight against fate!

It was cannot be cured must be endured.

Have faith in God, misfortune will pass.

May God give you strength to bear this terrible blow.

We are deeply grieved.

We sympathies with you.

We offer our condolences.

We are deeply grieved at the death of her father.

 



Annoyance


Why haven’t you begun / started the work yet?

Why do you contradict me?

Why do you stare at me?

You are angry for nothing. /

You are unnecessarily getting annoyed.

You’ll degrade yourself in the eyes of the whole locality.

You just / simply waste your time.

Who is to blame?

Don’t be angry.

Have I hurt you?
What a shame

I couldn’t believe that you are not an honest person!

Whom can I trust?

It was not my fault.

Actually, it was done by mistake.

He is a nuisance.

He wastes his time in gossiping.

He has let me down.

He irritates me.

He doesn’t keep his words.

He has betrayed / cheated me.

Don’t make me lose my temper.

He is a duffer.

You are unnecessarily getting annoyed.

 



Affection


You have been a great help to me.

That was very brave of you.

Bravo! Well done! / Good show!

That’s wonderful.

Your work is praiseworthy.

You are so nice. / How nice you are.

 



Negation


I can’t accept what you say.

I know nothing in this connection.

Don’t do such a mischief again.

It’s not so / like that.

He couldn’t manage to take leave.

I have no complaints. / don’t have any complaint.

It’s impossible. / It can’t be so.

No, I couldn’t go.

I don’t know.

I don’t want anything.

Nothing.

How can I do this!

I can’t do this.

It can’t be.

I don’t agree/ believe.

This is not true.

I refuse / deny.

You should not allow this.

Don’t find fault with others. /

Don’t criticize others.

Don’t be proud of your riches / money.

Don’t cheat anybody.

Don’t tread on the tall grass.

Don’t be stubborn.

Sorry, I can’t afford it.

Sorry, I don’t have any change.

I don’t know how t sings.

Don’t be angry. / Don’t lose your tempest.

Don’t be rude to anybody. Don’t speak harshly with anybody.

 



Consent


As you like.

This is quite right.

You are right.

I have no objection.

It doesn’t matter.

It will be so.

I agree.

I entirely agree with you.

Of course, he gave up all hopes of passing high school.

Yes, it’s true.

It’s rather a matter of pleasure.

I’ll follow your advice.

I accept your invitation.

I give my consent to this.

Do as your father says.

I’m not trying to impose myself if on you.

You don’t seem to agree with me.

 



Sadness


Excuse me / forgive me.

Pardon me.

I’m sorry, you have had to suffer because of me.

I’m very sorry to hear this.

My sympathies are with you.

 



Quarrel


Why are you losing*temper?

Beware, don’t utter it again!

You are very short-tempered.

He has got** on my nerves.

Come what may!

What harm/ wrong have I done to you?

You’ll have to mend your ways.

Why do you quarrel with him unnecessarily?

Don’t get heated / excited.

Now settle the matter somehow.

Are you in your senses?

Get out of my sight. / Get lost.

How are you concerned with our affairs!

Now, put an end to controversy stretch the matter further.

Go to hell.

Let him mediate between the two barites.

The quarrel is settled. The matter ends here!

Now be friends.

 



Apologies


Please don’t mind this. Please don’t feel bad about it.

I was just joking.

I’m sorry. I got late.

I was sorry/ pained to hear this.

Excuse me if there has been any mistake.

I beg your pardon.

Please excuse my incorrect pronunciation.

I’m sorry, for interrupting you.

I’m sorry, I couldn’t call you.

Make my apologies.

Don’t apologies.

It does not matter.

It was merely/ done by mistake.

I am very sorry.

Don’t worry. No harm is done.

I’m very sorry, if I have unwittingly hurt you.

It was done inadvertently.

It was not your fault.

I am awfully sorry to have kept you waiting so long.

That’s all right.

 



Anger


You should be ashamed of yourself. / Shame on you.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

You are too clever / smart.

You are an extremely cunning man.

Shame on you.

You are a mean / cunning fellow.

I don’t want to see your face again.

Don’t show me your face again.

Don’t talk nonsense / Stop yapping.

It’s all because of you.

It’s all you’re doing.

You can’t get away like this.

You can’t escape from this.

You don’t deserve forgiveness./

You can never be forgiven for this.

You’re responsible for this/ that.

 

 


Post a Comment

0 Comments